Sunday, October 11, 2015

I made it! (to South Africa MTC on September 16th - he left on the 15th)

September 16, 2015

Hey Mom and Dad. Just wanted to say that everything is great. I just got to the MTC a couple hours ago. The traveling wasn't too bad. The flight to Salt Lake was good. Then when we got to Salt Lake we were in line to get on the plane to go to Georgia my ticket didn't work and I found out that I was actually on the next flight out of Salt Lake to Georgia, but everyone else was on this flight. Luckily another passenger didn't show up so I was able to get on that flight instead of the next one and stay with the group. We had about 10 or so elders going to Uganda at Salt lake and about 10 more showed up to go to South Africa. So we have about 20-22 elders going to Uganda and 2 going to Durbin, South Africa. I haven't used the jet lag pills and so far I feel good ( I kinda forgot about them until I read the email you sent me).I slept a lot on the long flight to South Africa. Johannesburg doesn't feel much different than a big city in the US except the people and the driving on the left side of the road. We met President Collins and his wife. They seem like really awesome people. There are only like 26 missionaries in the MTC and all of them except 2 are from the US. They said that is really rare. The MTC is really nice. I haven't been able to explore it all the way yet, but I'll tell you about when I do. There are 6 Elders in our room. That's about all I can think of so far. I love you and thanks for the emails.

 Love Elder Beck


Elder Beck and Grant arrived at South Africa MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment