Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Lugazi Uganda



Hello, this week was a good week. A lot of great things happening and we are hoping to build off it this week.
So it started with a solid day on Tuesday. Nothing special happened just did the work. 


On wednesday, we had a great day. We had an awesome DDM and a solid day in the field as well. We visited a LA (less active) and she is awesome, but just needs to come back to church, but the best part of the day was when we got together as a district and set up a table in front of the church with pamphlets, book of mormons, and other things and started talking to people. It was market day and the church is right next to the market so there are a ton of people. We met a ton of people and talked to a ton. WE got a lot of appointments and numbers for both of our areas here in Lugazi. It was awesome. It was really fun to being with the entire district.


On Thursday it was a bit of a struggle for me, not because the work was hard or we got bounced, but because I ate a 6x6 Rolex for lunch and then we made a walk out to the farthest place that we go in our area. SO it was very uncomfortable walk and also a tough few hours of after that as well. I learned not to do dumb things that can hurt the work. hahaha. On Friday we had a good day. 



Rolex 6x6.... urp! oh my!


rolled up rolex



On Saturday we did another district finding activity called the blitz. We would go to an area and find a place we want to tract and just go crazy and knock everywhere and talk to everyone for 1 hour and then go to the other area and do the same thing. It was fun. Met even more cool people and had fun doing it. District finding works. Then we met and taught some really cool new investigators that day. Excited for them. On sunday we had a nice church service. I am starting to play the piano in sacrament meeting which is fun. (Wait, did he say fun?  I remember nagging him to play the piano.  What in the world?!??!)  We also had some new people at church on Sunday and they seemed to really enjoy it. Which was really cool.  We also visited some LA  (less actives) after church and had a prompting to visit this guy that we haven't been able to get a hold of this weekend and he was there. It was cool to have that experience. It was a really good lesson as well. Talking about receiving answers to prayers and questions. really cool unplanned lesson. 


Then today we played capture the flag in the thick jungle. Super fun.
slippery slope of the African jungle

jungle running and steal the flag


In the book of MOrmon this week I have been reading about Alma and Amulek and I love reading about them. They are great examples to us. It always stands out to me how much they had to sacrifice and go through, but also the amazing blessings and miracles they witnessed are were apart of. Alma gave up the chief judge spot and left everything to go a teach the gospel. Amulek left his family his friends, and his home to go and preach the gospel(Alma 15:16). They both had to see people burned in front of them and been thrown in Jail and beaten and mocked and spit upon, but they saw thousands of people change and convert to the gospel. They saw miracles. They were delivered from prison. They saw the church grow and become stable again in the Land. I love their story. They never gave up and they gave everything to God and they were rewarded. Go and read their story this week. The Book of Mormon is true. it is the word of God. Thank you. Love you. Have a great week.
Love Elder Beck


Chillin' like a vilian!  or  why did I eat that rolex?!?

MOM (and others) QUESTIONS:
1a.  Another week has gone by.  Not sure why it feels like time is flying but it is..... I wonder what I really accomplished this past week.  Was it really significant to my eternally progression?  We did have some forced family fun....so that was good. 

It is interesting what you said about eternal progression and families and temples. it reminds me of a talk from Henry B. Eyring Eternal Families in the last Priesthood Session General Conference. I just read it like today.


1. When you are feeling down and the day's been long and dusty and rough with rejection and no shows, what helps you get through the day?

What helps me get through the day is humor, jokes, having fun. It is easier to have the spirit when you are smiling and having a good time. So I try to make it fun or sometimes there is just something that makes me smile. Also looking around at the scenery.

2. (from Janet semons) Are you feeling ok? Regular bowel moment and such?  It's important to stay regular!   

I am doing ok. I am pretty regular. It is a little unpredictable, but more regular than some of the stories of others. I hear. haha.


3. How are you seeing the hand of God in your life daily? (janet)

It varies everyday. Sometimes it is someone that we find. Sometimes it is someone we teach. Sometimes it is something that picks me up and keeps me going. Sometimes it is personal revelation that I receive that day and it seems really cool to me. Sometimes it is a spiritual prompting that works out great. Many different things, but I feel like I can see it everyday if I just look.


4. From Ben Kestner...What is the craziest thing you've eaten so far?

Just a few......... Mukene or little silver fish that smell really bad, white ants(flying ants), fried grasshoppers, and ya random leaves and plants. That i didn't think you could eat. haaha.

5. From Marci Kestner... can you speak any of the language that some the natives use?

I can speak very small, Katono, katono, haha. I am learning a little bit though. The only problem is that in my three different places I have been. the local language there has always been different. SO kinda hard to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment