Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Wow that was a fast week!

The work is tough but with God, we can do anything!




Hello! It seems like yesterday that I was here emailing everyone. I can't believe all these things happened and are about to happen to everyone.(kids activities and upcoming mission calls). It is crazy how much stuff can go on in one week. My week though was a good week.

On Tuesday we had a great day. We taught a hippie like guy. He was into meditation and didn't really have a religion. He also owns a spa. So he was chill. haha. (Oooouuummmm) We also had some good lessons and did some sick street contacting. I have found that street contacting goes a lot better when you have a smile on your face and have fun with it. That goes with anything in life. Enjoy it. :)

On Wednesday we had exchanges and also Zone meeting. I went with Elder Brogan to K2 area. It was awesome to go back to my old area and see a few people that I haven't seen in a long time. Also learned a lot from the exhcange. Awesome day.

On Thursday, we had a great day and a hard day. We had to drop a family that we have been teaching because they haven't been keeping commitments and are being really stubborn about change. It is so hard to leave a family when you know the gospel will bless them, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. We also taught an awesome new family. He is really interested and wants to know more. I am pumped for him and his wife. Legally married and everything!

On Friday we had a tough day. At least for me. We had all of our appointments confirm for the day. Our first appointment went well, but then we couldn't find a member to go with us to the next lesson and then our next appointment bounced. I was really discouraged and didn't put forth much effort the rest of the day. I was just frustrated because there are so many great families to teach, but it seems like we just can't meet with them or we can't get someone to go with us to teach them. It got me down. In the evening we had a lesson with a guy and during that lesson. I just started feeling sick and not very good. I honestly couldn't remember much of the lesson. When I got home I went straight to bed. While I was trying to sleep. I realized that maybe this was Heavenly Father telling me to toughen up and work harder and be more obedient. I have a lot more potential than being discouraged and having a bad attitude all day. There are people that are waiting for me, that need me. I realized that from this sickness. I don't know if that came from Heavenly Father or not, but it did humble me and realize the bigger picture, in which I am grateful for. The next morning I felt great, so I don't know what that means.

On Saturday we had a great lesson with a brand new family. I am super pumped for this family. I feel good about them. It was also really hot this day. And I was grateful for the lesson we had at 3. On Sunday, we had a great Church Service. We had 64 at sacrament which was a little disappointing, because a lot of people I thought were coming didn't show, but I know they will come next week. We also were fed by the American couple again, which was awesome and I got to hear more about how Donald Trump is taking over. hahaha. It was a great day.

Also today for P-day we played volleyball. It was fun. Of course my team won. haha. It was a fun day.
Kings of the court... Lol!



I have learned a great lesson this week. When things get hard the only way they get better is if we work hard and have a good attitude. If we get down and discouraged things will just get worse.  I have been studying in Alma this week. Talking about the wars and Captain Moroni. I love Captain Moroni. He is awesome. Everything he does is for others. He doesn't do things for himself. He loves his country, his freedom, his family, and his religion. He also never stops preparing.

No matter where you are in life you can always prepare yourself because when we prepare nothing can overcome us and nothing can stop us. They way we prepare in life is by living the gospel. Studying the scriptures, praying always, going to church every Sunday, serving, and loving others. With those things there is nothing that we can't get through. I know that to be true.

It has been a great week and I can't believe it is already March. Time flies when you are having fun. Love you.

Love Elder Beck

Mom note.... I keep wondering who this amazing young man is.  He is really seeing the big picture.  I felt he was cheering me on and getting me pumped up for this big game of life.  Wow. I'm truly blessed.

Mom questions gathered from friends...

1.Have you ever felt like the spirit guided you directly to teach someone?

There have been many times where the spirit has guided me. One time we were walking back to the truck when I was in K2 and I felt like I needed to talk to this lady. It turns out she let us in and her husband was home as well. Now the family is planning to get baptized on the 20th of March. Great family and the spirit definitely helped me find them and direct me to them. There have been other times as well.

2.Have you felt like the spirit has protected them from danger? ??
I am not sure about the danger. None that I have seen and been able to witness that I was protected, but I never know maybe I was.

3. What's your favorite sweet treat in Africa?
My Favorite sweet? I am not sure because there are not that many sweets here in Rwanda. but I do like the small caramel candies they have in the shop. Pretty good.

Thanks Mom. I love You.

Love Elder Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment