Monday, September 12, 2016

Transfers!!

Waiter, there's a fish in soup!!



Eating fish the Ugandan way!


Hello. Transfers this week. The news is that I am staying another transfer here in Lugazi with Elder Goodrich. Only one leaving from the house is Elder Roylance he is going to Masaka and Elder Dibatyi is coming to replace him. He is from the Congo I believe. So pretty exciting eh! Some zones are closing and some big changes around the mission so that should be good adn we will see what continues to happen here in the ukm (Uganda Kampala Mission). This week was good.

We had a great week we taught a lot of lessons and we found some really cool people as well. Our teaching pool continues to increase. We should have some 2 baptisms coming up on the 25th of September. Benard Sam and also James. They are powerful. So hoping and praying they can be baptized that day. We had some rain also this week. It rained like crazy for a little bit and it was nice because it cooled it down and there was no dust. So that is a bonus. haha. Got fed by a member. Super nice food, but I am not so sure about Ugandan fish, but still ate and it tasted ok. hahaha. This week was kind of a blur and I don't remember it too much. so I can't write too much this week. Things are good though. We played golf and also some football. Super fun. The Zone is powerful.

So this week I learned a lot. Even a lot about the power of Fasting. Go study it. Isaiah 58. Make your fasting more meaningful and it will change your life. Also I was studying in D&C this week and going through when the Prophet joseph smith was going through that time when he was in Liberty Jail. There are some of my favorite sections. 121 and 122. I learned that even the prophet of God has to plead with the father. Even the prophet of God has to go through trials that seem like they will never end. But even like the prophet Joseph Smith we can overcome these trials in our life and the lord can say to us. "Peace be to thy soul" "The trials shall be for your good".  Our Trials they are for our good and they help us become stronger than we were before. I love the example of Joseph Smith. And we can always remember that our savior descended below them all! And he can help us! Have a great week. Love you.

Love Elder Beck


Elder Beck and the kids

Those eyes tell me he's happy!  I heart Elder Beck!


No comments:

Post a Comment