Monday, February 8, 2016

1st week. No companion.


Elder Beck and branch member Heritier. He always worked with us and is from the K2 branch. 




Hello everyone. This week has been interesting to say the least, but awesome at the same time.

On Tuesday it was my last official day in k2 (Super Sad telling people I am leaving, but only going to the next  branch over). We visited some people and had a nice day. On Wednesday in the morning we dropped off Elder Osei-tutu and Elder Gondwe. I will miss those guys, they were great missionaries.



 Then for the day I went with Elder Myers around K3 area. It was fun, but a ton of walking. We were walking all day, but I was a big help to get me started on learning the area, even though I don't remember that much. Also I was so dusty and dirty after going to Batsinda. It is a small town. That is just insanely busy with people, but it does have a nice Mandaze industry (unsure what this is... On mom questions for next week). It was a good day.

On Thursday Elder Brogan came to K3, my area, and I tried to schedule some appointments, but It is a little difficult to when you have no idea who any one is and where anything is, but everything worked out well and we had a good day. Also found out the our companions would not be coming in till next week so we would have to manage with 4 missionaries the rest of the week. On Friday. Me and Elder Brogan were in my area again. Today we did lots of contacting and tracting becuase a couple appointments fell through. We found some awesome people though. Also it was super hot the past few days and this week. Getting into the mid 90's. It was a hot day, but it was a great day. We taught this family of 4 that live close to the church and they were all asking good questions, even the kids! They are a great family and I am excited for them.\

On Saturday I went to Elder Brogan's area for the day. It was nice to be back in k2, but also wished I could continue to work in my area. We had a good day and there was some strange things that I saw (also on question list). But it was a good day. On Sunday me and Elder Brogan split. I went to K3 and he went to k2. I went with a member and he went with Elder Leibel. It was a weird day. It reminded me my first sunday in K2 where I didn't know anyone, but this time I was a lot more prepared. I could tell I have changed as a missionary. This branch has a really strong branch presidency that really wants to help in the missionary effort. It also has 3 RM's which help the branch figure out what is going on and how to function better. It will be different than K2 but I am excited for it and I see a lot of potential here in this area. I just need a companion now........ For p-day we had a chill day of doing laundry and hanging out around the house playing with the soccer ball.

It has been an interesting week and a little challenging trying to figure a brand new area out by myself, but it has made me grow and I am excited for this upcoming week to work with my companion. This week I found a scripture in Ephesians 1:10 it talks about how in the dispenstation of the fullness of times they will gather all in one to Christ. It is awesome to see how that is being fullfilled right now and that I get to be a part of it. This church is true and it is gatthering everyone in Christ. Also I read some great general Conference talks from president Uchtdorf. "It works Wonderfully" and "A summer with Great Aunt Rose" both amazing talks. I recommend reading them and studying them. I love Elder Uchtdorf. Also read the last few chapters of 2 Nephi this week. These are probably some of my favorite chapters in the BoM. I really like 2 Nephi 29:7-9 that talk about the BoM. The BoM just makes sense, especially when you read and pray about it. I love the BoM. Have a great week. Love you.

Love Elder Beck
 Rwandan sunset.......

Mom questions..

1. What ingredients do you have available? What foods do you buy? Would you like me to send you some recipes? Here we have most ingredients. I think. so it might be good to have some recipes, but I probably will be too lazy to make anything, but maybe. I buy bread, Peanut Butter, Eggs, Bananas, Pasta, Tomatoes, Potatoes, and a few other things.(The staples!)

2. I love the pictures of your hike. How do you decide what you're going to do for pday?
 We just decide in DDM as a zone.


3. Do you walk most places? How far do you think you are walking every day? How are the shoes holding up? In my new area I will walk everywhere, but In my old area I drove some and walked some. The shoes seem to be holding up well, but we will see. I am not sure how far I am walking every week, but I will try to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment