Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Hello. It has been a great week here in Rwanda

THIS LOOKS LIKE TROUBLE!
[Aren't they cute?  Looks like it was hair cut week again.]











[All around the Rwanda town,
The Elders met the people.
The Elders thought twas all in fun,
Pop! goes the weasel!    Just fyi from Elder Beck's mom.  I learned that 'weasel and stoat' is Cockney rhyming slang for "throat", as in "Get that down yer Weasel" meaning to eat or drink something!  Isn't that special?!  Random thoughts.....ok, onto the email from Elder Beck}



Hello. It has been a great week here in Rwanda and it is good to here from everyone back home.

On Tuesday we had a very busy day of meeting with people and having lessons. It was awesome!!  We have a lot of great progressing investigators that I am very excited for. 

On Wednesday we had another good day. We met with 3 sons of a family. The mom is not interested and the father is interested,but mostly for his sons. I hope to be able to teach the entire family, but the 3 sons are awesome and they say they want to serve missions and be missionaries.

On Thursday we had exchanges with K1. I went with Elder Osei-tutu from Ghana. He is an awesome guy and very good at soccer. We had an interesting day. We got bounced 3 times throughout the day, but we had 2 people show up at the church that were interested in knowing more. The Lord has his hand in this work. It is something I am trying to see more in my daily life. To search for how I have seen God's hand in my life everyday. 

On Friday we went to a members birthday party for a little while and had some very nice food. [He is always so grateful for good food!]  It was cool to see a lot of the members from all 3 branches and see how many strong members and awesome people there are here in Kigali.  We also had a soda party with the zone at night before we went to bed. We each got 8 sodas and the most anyone finished was 6. I had 6. [way to represent Elder Beck!]  It probably wasn't the most healthy thing, but it was a good time!

On Saturday,  we met with this man that is from the DRC (Democratic Republic of the Congo) and heard about the church, but there wasn't a church close to him in DRC so when he was visiting Kigali he contacted us. He is a very good man and I hope that he keeps pursuing after the church. 

On Sunday, we had a nice day. We had a little lower sacrament attendance than usual, but it was still a great Sabbath. Today we did a lot of cleaning because K1 is moving apartments and we needed to clean the old one and move them to the new one. It is really nice.

I have had a great week. I have really thought more about Christmas and the Savior this week. I have also been reading in the New Testament and it is really awesome to learn more and more about Jesus Christ's entire life. Also, a scripture I really like that I read this week was Moroni 9:6 it tells us to never give up because we never really fail until we give up. It gave me strength and extra motivation this week. It is amazing how the scriptures can bless our lives is so many ways. They are not just words, but something we should love, hold fast too, and liken to our lives. The Book of Mormon and the Bible are true and they can bless our lives so much. Have a great week.
Love Elder Beck


BEFORE....

,,,,,,AFTER

..... burp!

Answers to Mom’s questions...
1.  Do you need anything? Do your companions need anything? Or is there anything we can do to help the people that you serve?
 DON'T REALLY NEED ANYTHING AND I GOT THE PACKAGE OF CANDY SO THANK YOU FOR THAT. IT WILL BE DELICIOUS


2. Skype or phone call details? 
ABOUT THE SKYPE THING. I THINK I WILL USE SKYPE, BUT I AM NOT SURE ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON. JUST MAKE SURE TO BE READY ON CHRISTMAS MORNING WITH SKYPE. ALSO I NEED YOUR ACCOUNT NAME FOR SKYPE. AND I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH I WILL BE EMAILING NEXT P-DAY BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO AKAGARA NATIONAL PARK. IT IS A GAME RESERVE WITH ALL KINDS OF ANIMALS. IT IS GOING TO BE SWEET. ALSO I GOT THE PACKAGE OF CANDY THIS WEEK. THANK YOU.  (what the heck? To an African reserve…. And candy!  wowie!   He has now received all of our packages but no letters.  We are ready for a great Christmas morning!)


3. Have you eaten anything weird lately?
NOTHING TOO WEIRD LATELY, BUT I AM NOT SURE IF THAT IS BECAUSE I AM GETTING USED TO THE FOOD OR BECAUSE I HAVEN'T EATEN ANYTHING WEIRD LATELY.

4. What is your favorite thing about being a missionary?
MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT BEING A MISSIONARY IS SEEING THE GOSPEL IMPROVE SOMEONE’S LIFE. 

5.  What food do you miss the most?
I DON'T HAVE A SPECIFIC, BUT JUST HAVING PRETTY MUCH ANY FOOD EASILY AND READILY AVAILABLE AND BEING ABLE TO HAVE AS MUCH AS I WANT.

6. What your idea of a perfect companion and what can you do to be a "dream companion" ?
THE PERFECT COMPANION WOULD BE ONE THAT WORKS HARD WHEN IT IS TIME TO WORK HARD AND HAS FUN DOING IT.

7.  Do they celebrate Christmas there? If so what do they do?
CHRISTMAS ISN'T REALLY CELEBRATED TOO MUCH. IT IS STILL A HOLIDAY AND SUCH, BUT NOTHING CHANGES TOO MUCH.

8. Which underwear fabric is most comfortable in the weather there? 
I DON'T KNOW.  {interpretation…..Mom, stop asking me so many goofy questions!}

9. From Dad...what's going on this week in your mission?  FOR WHAT IS GOING ON HERE IN MY AREA. WE HAVE A SCHEDULED BAPTISM THIS COMING WEEK FOR ISABELLE AND MINGIONE. MOTHER AND DAUGHTER. THEN ON THE 27TH WE HAVE AT LEAST 2 BAPTISMS WITH A POSSIBILITY OF 5. WE WILL SEE. WE HAVE QUITE A FEW PROGRESSING INVESTIGATORS RIGHT NOW. I KIND OF JUST WANT TO STAY IN THIS AREA FOR MY ENTIRE MISSION, BUT I KNOW I WILL HAVE TO LEAVE SOMETIME. 


[he truly loves the people in Rwanda!]

HAVE A GREAT WEEK THANKS FOR THE EMAIL AND THE LOVE. LOVE YOU AND HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK.
LOVE ELDER BECK

No comments:

Post a Comment