Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Here we are! This is it! Last email! Home Friday!

Happy!  My albino Ugandan!



Wow..... I can't believe the time has actually come....... It literally feels like a dream right now and I don't know what is going on exactly, but the time has come.............

It was an awesome week to finish off these last two years of great experiences! This week was great! We met an awesome Congolese family and they are awesome and so prepared for the gospel! Very humble. Also we were calling people in the morning to set some programs and we got a call from an investigator that has been hesitant to be baptized and she told us she wants to be baptized!!!!!!!! and that we should prepare for it in the next two weeks! Wow...... That was a miracle for sure! It is amazing how the Lord works! 

Elder Beck and Grant Day 1 of mission
at South African MTC

Last week of mission Elder Beck and Grant back together
with this cute family!
(full circle baby!)




 Also this Sunday was amazing! It was a missionary Sunday and I had a talk and a testimony to give. Also to sing in the choir! It was one of the most spirit filled Sacrament meetings I have ever had. The theme was 2 Nephi 25:26. It was all about Christ! As we sang "I Believe in Christ" , even though we didn't sound the best, it felt like we were angels proclaiming that we believe in Christ! Also as I was about to give my talk and my testimony I had an overwhelming feeling as I looked at everyone in the congregation.......
    That this is true! There is no doubt about it! This is the truth!! We are in the right place! This is the work of God! It was a sweet moment and a very nice way to finish up my last Sunday in Uganda......

The time has come and I am going to miss Uganda and Rwanda....... These places are truly some of the greatest places on this earth.................. The people are some of the greatest people I have ever met.................... God's hand is here in Uganda and Rwanda and with this mission........... It will be sad to leave, but I am also excited to see the family and friends back home and do my best to continue to do what the Lord wants me to do!

I know that God Lives! Jesus Christ is His Son! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is his church! Missionary work is divine! The Lord's hand is in this work! Eternal Life is possible through the principles and ordinances of the gospel! We have great reason to rejoice! I will see you soon!

2 Timothy 4:6-8
(mom note.... I just read this.... paraphrasing....it is time of my departure, I have fought a good fight, i have finished my course, I have kept the faith.... blessings for all who do the Lord's work. Classy son. Classy.  I like!)

Love you. see you soon. thanks for everything you have done to help and support me these last two years. From the prayers, to the emails, to the packages, to the advice, and everything!


Love Elder Beck


Final Mom questions....
1.  Hey, just thinking about food that you maybe haven't had for a while. Not really sure what you've eaten besides posho and beans.  Any of this sound good? Chicken enchiladas, lasagna, steak and mashed potatoes and gravy, roast beef, cinnamon rolls, tacos, spaghetti, peanut butter and jelly, cookies ??? What have you missed and what sounds good? Going shopping. Let me know

Ya All of that sounds good. I am not sure what to choose.... Chicken Enchiladas,,,,,,..... Steak and Potatoes for sure! and everythign you mentioned sounds great to me! hahaha. Let us jsut say I have come to not be a picky eater. hahaha


2. What is the best thing that you've eaten on your mission? Worst? Strangest?



The best thing I have eaten on mission..............is probably the time we went to Nanjing's It is a japanese restaurant.............. 

The worst is probably kidney and also mukene (silver fish). Also a pile of sweet potatoes with no water............ 

The strangest was maybe a piece of cow head..............




3. Women's broadcast was excellent. do the ladies in Uganda get to watch it recorded later? How does that work for them?
  
They don't watch the women's session until they get all of the sessions. So they usually watch when the men watch the priesthood session, but I am stoked to watch general conference! It is awesome!



4.  What is the hardest lesson you've learn from your mission?

The hardest lesson I have learned on my mission is that IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU>>>.................... No matter how much it sucks or you don't want to do something or it doesn't seem fair you always remember that it is not about YOU.................. 




5. Any experiences this past week stand out as being guided by the spirit or something that touched your heart?

I was sitting up front at the beginning of Sacrament meeting and thinking about my talk and praying for the spirit to help me testify of Christ to these people and will I was thinking I had this overwhelming feeling as I looked at the people  and it told me that "This is True..... This is the Truth......." The church and the gospel are true. This work is true. It was awesome. The sacrament meeting was full of the spirit and my last sunday was one of my favorite!



6.  Is there anything else we need to know before you come home?

 I don't think there is anything else you need to know before I get home. Just don't forget that I am coming home .hahaha


New haircut, new suit, sweet price!

friends

missionary work.....it "suits" him

aaaahh....liquid refreshment

Look at the engine on this bad boy....
I wonder if he's trying to repair it?

Elder Beck, the lady's man  :)

The Elders and the locals
*you can tell the difference by the name badges and the shoes





DEETS FOR HIS ARRIVAL....

ETA SEPTEMBER 29TH @ 3 PM  IF AIRPORT.    (This Friday people!! can you believe???)

HOMECOMING TALK OCTOBER 15TH AT 11:00 AM @ 655 Grant Ave Poc, ID.   
You all are invited!  Food to follow.

Text me otherwise 208-221-6506. I'm sure Elder Beck ,soon-to-be Mckaden Beck, will be happy to see you whenever.  Come and visit when you can!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I'm trying to find someone in SLC that speaks Swahili or another language from Uganda that starts with a K... I assume it's Kinyarwanda. Do you know of anyone I can contact?
    me@apriloaks.com
    801-205-5555

    ReplyDelete