Monday, September 18, 2017

TIME....... one more email and I head home



Happy faces!


Hello..... My time is dwindling but my mission is still the best!

This week we had exchanges...... First on Tuesday we went to Mengo and I had a powerful day with Elder Mashego and Elder Bale........... They killed me though........ Wow.... Their area is huge and I felt it. hahaha. I slept good though.


ON wednesday we had an awesome DDm and I realized how awesome the book of mormon is! And just thought about when the Book of Mormon has really changed my life! Think of a scripture from the book of Mormon that has blessed your life and even changed it! There is a great power of Good from that book! We also had an awesome lesson with one of our investigators named Zion! We brought two members with us and it was jsut amazing how it all worked together and the spirit was so strong and you knew that she felt it! She is close to accepting baptism. She knows! Those lessons are the best!


Then on Thursday I had a very enjoyable day! I was on exchanges with my man Elder Chandler! He is also from Pocatello. SO you can guess what we talked about all day. hahaha. We had a really powerful day and Elder Chandler is a really good guy! Also had some Ethiopian food because Elder Chandler is also originally from ethiopia! SO that was awesome! On Friday we had a nice day and I realized that I had been away from home for 2 years! wow crazy to think...............


Saturday we had a great day as well. We had some nice lessons in the morning and we even set a baptism date with an investigator named. Doulha? not sure how to spell it.............. But it was amazing how she was the one that started even asking about baptism we didn't ask her........... The spirit is awesome! Then we had a meeting with the stake president and he is awesome and we are going to visit him and his family this week!  Super excited for that! Sunday we had a nice day...... Some investigators disappointed us and didn't come to church, but we had some powerful lessons and somehow we taught exactly what the people needed! It was cool to see how the spirit can work through two people! without problem!


Today we played some basketball and it was a ton of fun. My last time to play basketball in Uganda probably............. But I am excited for my last full week and I am going to try to make it the best one..... I am going to miss the Mission and I am also very excited to see you guys.............

God Lives and Jesus Christ is His son! They love us and want our eternal Happiness. Have a great week. Love you.

Love Elder Beck

Arrives home...
Sept 29th
HOMECOMING TALK DETAILS....
October 15th 11:00 am at
655 South Grant AvenuePOCATELLOIdaho




BROTHERS FROM ANOTHER MOTHER

pday

Great friends.....friends for life!





MOM QUESTIONS.....
1.It's almost here, time to come home.  How you feeling about that?  

Yep time is flying and I hope I am just ready to be home when the time comes. I am not sure I will be!........... Actually I am sure I won't be.........

I am looking forward to the roads and right side and stuff like that and no boda's! Ya I am still not sure how I will feel next week, but I am sure that this week is going to be awesome!


2. Joseph Smith had the original plates from which the Book of Mormon was translate for 11 years.  Don't you think that would have been a long time to keep track of them and protect them?

I am not sure why.............. Maybe he didn't even have them that entire time, but I am sure he learned a lot from that tough experience and I have realized that the hardest thing about the mission is remembering what was actually hard..............


3. Is there something specific we can pray for ?  For you or the missionaries or someone else?

You can pray for missionaries to have an increase of Charity........


4.  What was something that happened this week that touched your soul?

Um this week.............. was just me and my companion teaching and just how the spirit was able to allow us to know exactly what to teach which was different from what we planned and how we were unified while we did it. Also how the spirit can bring forth a scripture or a story into your mind that is perfect for that specific person. It helps me know that the spirit is real and that we are not alone as we do this work!



the Elders...... (gosh I've missed his dimples and smile)



Beautiful people







Look how long his hair is getting...waiting for an American hair cut

Yo peace? Yo #1?  Yo something something!


Nummy



We are so happy, we have food.  We love food!





STREETS OF UGANDA

Favorite alley way and kids and fire wood?? (sorry I have no idea what we are looking at)
but look at that wall and fence on top



fluffy clouds in the streets of Uganda

crazy traffic.... looks like madness... hi little fella staring at me







liking me some clouds





No comments:

Post a Comment