Thursday, October 27, 2016

Lugazi, Uganda and TRANSFERS!!! (changing but not moving)

NOTE....due being busy, 2 weeks of emails are posted today.  Please keep praying that the missionaries in Uganda will find families to teach.


10-17-16

Hello. This week was great, but I am going to keep it short this week probably.

On Tuesday we had a great day. Nothing too amazing. On Wednesday we had another good day. Just a little frustrating when members come up with excuses of why they don't come to church . Church is sometimes a seen as a burden not a blessing. We should make it a blessing. 

On thursday, we had a good day and I was prompted to write down the house number of a home that we passed. On Friday we went to Mukono for a ZOne Conference. President was there and even a new senior couple was there. It was amazing the spirit is awesome. Our president is inspired and I learned a lot of things. One thing I liked is that attitude is so important. If we have a great attitude than miracles will happen. President also talked a lot about Grace and how we can access it. We need to have faith and we need to repent and do all that we can do. Study Grace and learn how you can access it.

Zone Conference

Zone conference.... hello Elder Beck and other missionaries


On Saturday. WE had a great day. We taught a lesson in the morning and were bounced in our next appointment, but I remembered  that house number I wrote down on THursday. SO we went there and there was a family! WE taught them and it was really awesome. They want to learn. I don't know if they will work out, but it was cool to experience in how the spirit can guide us to do the things that we need to do. Then in the evening we did some finding and we stumbled across a couple families. It was a real blessing because we have been praying that we can find some families to teach.  

ON sunday we had a great day, but we had a little low on Attendence and investigators at church, but that will change this next week. To day we played pool and I am getting better at pool as well. 

This week I was studying a lot of things, but one thing I studied that I really enjoyed was the Conference talk Stay by the Tree by Keving W. Pearson. It is what I gave my Farwell talk on when I left home last year. It was fun to pass through it again. SOme things I liked from it: "Enduring to the end means constantly coming unto Christ and Being Perfected in Him" "Average is the enemy of excellence, and average commitment will prevent you from enduring to the end" He also talks about how the Book of MOrmon is the best way to get us back on the track and to stay on the track. So again or continue to prayerfully study the book of Mormon. It is a true book and it helps us come closer to Christ. Thank you for the love and support. Have a great week.

Love Elder Beck



Hello,so I am going to keep this short this week because of time.
This week was a great week. It was full of hard work and mini miracles. WE are finding more families this week and I see some great potential in them, so thank you for the prayers. (keep praying!)  Me and Elder Goodrich had a really good week and we finished it off by watching General COnference. It is amazing how powerful the spirit can be! Also how tiring it can make you. haha. I really loved conference this time. A lot about missionary work, repentence, the book of mormon, and the Plan of Salvation. WE have inspired leaders that guide us and direct us for our good. We need to listen and ponder their words. A couple of talks I really liked were Dieter F. Uchtdorf's to start conference. The Gospel really is amazing, the plan of happiness is amazing, but do we always realize that or live like we know that?  Also Dallin H. Oaks talk on MIssionary work. Some really good advice that even I want to apply in my work.

Then we started this week with getting transfer news. SO what is happening is that I am going to stay in Lugazi, but switch areas. My new companion will be Elder Dibatayi from DRC. He is awesome and is a funny guy. Elder Goodrich will stay and get a new companion. I will be the District LEader. It should be a fun transfer. It was a surprise and I never really expected just to move sides, but it should be good. I am excited to help Lugazi to continue to progress. The work is moving here!
A scripture that I really liked this week was Jacob 4:12. Why not talk speak of the atonement of Jesus Christ? Is there a reason not to talk about Christ and to share this wonderful news of His atonement with others. There really isn't! Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He is the center of our Heavenly Father's plan for us! Isn't that wonderful! They do nothing except for the benefit of us! They love us and want us to have everything that they have. The great plan of Happiness is real! It is great! Go and share it with others. Love you. Have a great week.
Love Elder Beck



mom questions......
1.  do they celebrate anything like halloween there?

Nope.....


2.  any good ideas for your sisters 16th birthday?
Make her a posho cake. Hahahha



3. Elections are coming up...Hillary or Trump? ( choose wisely)
Probably Trump. I don't know though. Who is going to win?


4. Have you had any experiences with your investigators where you knew that you were the one that should be there and be teaching them?
I kind of felt like that with Benard and Hanifa.


5.  what is your favorite part about being a missionary?
My favorite part of being a missionary is feeling the spirit work through me and my companion.


6.What's one of your favorite memories of the birthday girl Eryn Victoria Beck?
My favorite memory of Eryn...... That is tough right now, but I just remember playing volleyball and her smart jokes.
7. What is a favorite family vacation memory?
Good question ask me next week.

8. When did you know that the Book of Mormon was true and that you believed in the gospel of Jesus Christ?
I knew that the book of MOrmon was true for a long time, but in high school when I really started to get a small idea. and the gospel and things was probably more till the end of high school, but really my testimony and belief and knowledge has completely changed and I know those things are true from being on a mission.


9.  What is the best new food that you have tasted while being on your mission?  For ex...if i went to your mission, you would tell me, you gotta try ________!!
The best new food ......... I like Matoke. Cooked bananas..... ALso Kikomando and ROlex. THey are super nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment