Monday, August 21, 2017

First week in Nsambya!

Elder Beck and new/current companion Elder Khoriyo from Malawi

This week was amazing here in Nsambya and I am really excited for this transfer. It should be an awesome time and we are going to see some great things happen! My companion is awesome. We are getting along really well  and enjoying it a lot! 




Hey all!!


SO this week was amazing with saying goodbye to the people of Entebbe and saying hello to the people of Nsambya!


It started off on Tuesday in Entebbe, We had to pick up some missionaries from the airport coming from Rwanda even E. Phiri's new companion! Got to hear some good stories about Rwanda and made me think if I would ever visit the place again......... Also heard that they are making another branch in Rwanda (k4), so that is exciting! Maybe they will have a stake there in a couple of years! Also had some wonderful lesson's and goodbyes to the people of Entebbe. We even had a wonderful lesson with a referral that our Rc gave us! We were 4 missionaries together so it was a bit hard teaching, but it worked out! It was hard saying goodbye to some people, but I will see them again on Sunday the 27th at Stake conference! Also had some really awesome dinner and food given to me. Which is always a blessing of leaving an area! hahaha. 


On Wednesday it was a transfer day. WE headed to Kampala and I saw a lot of missionaries and also saw some that were going home that I won't see again or will see when I get home so that was awesome! Then I got with my new companion and started transporting missionaries around to their new areas. It was not easy......... Kampala traffic is not easy.. But i was only blasted by one police man and didn't hit anything. hahaha. But I was very tired...


 On Thursday it was my first day in my new area and we had an awesome day! WE had some powerful lesson's and I got to meet a lot of people. Like Jane who was baptized and confirmed this weekend and some other investigators and members. It was a really powerful day! and it is kind of nice to be in a new area. Fresh faces and new places to go........... Then on Friday we had a wonderful MLC. Like it was probably my favorite. The spirit was amazing and the missionaries were great and it set me up perfectly for my last transfer!

MLC training



 On saturday we had a wonderful day. WE had some great lessons and even had a baptism! It went well and there are some great members! Then we did some finding in the evening and it went really well. Me and E. Khoriyo both had different promptings that led to finding a new person to teach that has a lot of potential! 



Then sunday was amazing, other than I was feeling really sick for some reason........... The leaders in Nsambya are awesome and there are a lot of great people. We had like 140 people at church! That is the most I have ever seen on my mission! Also had like 13 investigators at church! The Lord was blessing me for sure this week! I also saw a member that was from Rwanda! (very cool...he was here his first 6 months and loved rwanda and the people!) It was good to see her and then we had some powerful lesson's after church. We have some people preparing for baptism in 2 sunday's and another and more on the 17th and the 24th of september. The member's are really awesome here! But they like to ask question's that don't have any application. Like " How do I pay tithing if I am in Somalia for 5 years and don't have any connection with the church....?" hahahaha They are a bit annoying. haha But Nsambya is a wonderful place and I am excited for what can happen in these last few weeks of my mission!


Today we had sport's day. SO I got to play some basketball! Which was awesome. I am not very good, but it is fun. hahahaha! This week I was pondering a scripture in D&C 64:33. I love it because it may seem like we are doing nothing or nothing is really happening from our service in whatever place it may be, but truly we are doing some really great things even if we don't see it! And we should never tire of doing good! Because in the coming years or in the future sometime we will see what comes from our service! It will be something great! SO never tire of doing good and serving others and serving the Lord. Have a great week!. Love you.

 Love Elder Beck










Elder Beck went from Entebbe to Nsambya which is in Kampala



Here's what Wikipedia says about Nsambya....
Nsambya is a hill in the center of Kampala, the capital and largest city in Uganda. The name also refers to the upscale and middleclass neighborhoods that have been developed on the hill and its slopes. 

Angie-pedia...The lds church seems to be more concentrated here with more members and the mission home is close in Kampala (about 30 min away?)






MOM QUESTIONS.....
1.  What will you be bringing home? You should probably leave whatever you can there. Especially if someone can use it.

I am not planning on taking very many of the things I brought to Uganda. I will be having a few souvenirs and stuff, but ya I am going to try and give these things out!

2. What is something that you learn on your mission that you don't think you would've learned anywhere else?
I don't think I would have learned how to enjoy posho and beans. hahaha. Also how to speak small small in different languages. That is what I can think of right now!


3.  What do you admire about President Collings and his wife?
I admire the love they have for the missionaries and the people. ALso how they never seem like  they are having a bad day and always give their best! Also their sensitivity to the spirit!


4.  Is there something this week that touched your heart that you would like to share?

Something that touched my heart this week was the new missionaries. We are getting a lot these past couple of transfers and will continue to get more, but truly they are amazing and have such great faith and desire to do the work. Also they have come out for the right reason's and just getting to talk to them and know them is amazing. It is inspiring! The mission is in good hands!


GOODBYE ENTEBBE, HELLO NSAMBYA!

Elder Beck and Barrington (holy giant!! ha ha! look at that smile)



Elder Beck and Elder Phiri (comp in Entebbe)

I think he loves all these neat people!



more goofing!



more smiles  :)



friends






sweet!




No comments:

Post a Comment